Sunday, May 24, 2009

Tok-Tokkie's Pics

.

We all went to the same places so my pictures are really just repeats.



The stream at Eselbank just above the waterfall.



The top of the waterfall and the deep gorge in the mountain there.



Our leader on the way down to Wupertal - except he was not in the lead.



The Vis river. I have become very interested in the Great Karoo and was very pleased to see this. Will use this picture in my thread about the geology.



Another picture for my geology thread. The escarpment at the Ouberg pass.



Panorama from the top of Ouberg Pass.



After I dropped my bike & eventually got it standing I took this photo of the pass before going down very carefully. The brake fluid to my back brake boiled so i had to pump the lever 3 or 4 times before it worked.



Ouberg pass on Google Earth.



Just for reference this is Gannaga Pass which is the next one along starting from Middelpos. Another great pass to ride & you can use both for a round trip.






.

No comments: